Working Remotely: Employees Tell All
All month long, we’ve been sharing with you how working remotely can change the way you do business. We’ve given you tips and ideas of how to make the move to remote working and provided our own thoughts on the process and how it affects our productivity. In prepping for this blog, I came across this video from Basecamp, a project management app company. This Chicago-based company lets many of its employees work remotely, with some even living in different countries. In this video, Basecamp employees share about their remote working experiences and why they have found working remotely is the best fit for them.
Some of the highlights mentioned in this video include:
- Working when it’s most convenient for you and with your natural routine.
- Living wherever feels most comfortable to you.
- Work from home office, coffeeshop, co-working spaces, etc.
- Create new relationships and strengthen existing ones.
- Opportunity to meet new people and bounce ideas off of them, giving new perspectives.
- Ability to take breaks when necessary.
- No wasted time or money commuting.
- No distraction is out of control, such as temperature or hunger.
- Provides time for hobbies and other interests outside of work.
- More time for family and friends.
Overall, remote working allows for better quality of life. It allows you to live your life how you want while still having a career you enjoy. If you think remote working could work for you and your company, talk to Heart. Check out our offerings online, and give us a call at (309) 427-7000 today.