Complying with regulations is something that many organizations must do. Regardless of whether your business is regulated by local, state, federal, or industry specific agencies—or even a combination of all four, your IT environment will be affected. While you can easily understand how regulations impact your general business practices, you might feel overwhelmed with how the rules apply to how your business uses technology. Engaging Heart Technologies, Inc. as you examine how regulations affect your technology environment can save valuable time and money.
Regulations, in general
All regulatory programs affect how your business uses IT. Heart can help you create an IT environment that meets all of your organization's regulations. We can help you with the following:
- Network assessment - Using the regulations that govern your company, our expert personnel will assess your entire IT environment. Your business's IT hardware, software, and systems configurations should be inspected annually to ensure that data is properly protected. Recommendations will be made if problems are found.
- Inventory - After a network assessment, Heart will create an accurate inventory of all hardware and software. Your business's inventory will also include all IT product warranties, software licenses, and security keys to ensure that you have a full accounting of everything that comprises your IT environment.
- Risk assessment - Heart also conducts a risk assessment after the initial network assessment and inventory are done. A risk assessment will outline all potential threats to data (from fires to natural disasters to hackers). Because every business faces different risks, an individualized risk assessment will help you identify and prioritize risks to which your business and data might be exposed.
- Usage policy - As part of regulation compliance, your business must have an acceptable usage policy that clearly states how users may use your IT systems. We can help you create a policy that protects data, enforces company policies, and doesn't impact productivity.
- Documentation - Heart's technical support team can help you create required documentation that demonstrates that your business meets regulations. The documentation will identify how your company's technology environment is constructed, as well as outline security policies and practices that are in place to protect regulated data.
Training - When desired, Heart can help you create a training program to teach employees how to meet regulations. Most regulations require formal, documented training that educates users on the importance of safeguarding data and should also give practical hands-on training as to how security practices actually work. Heart can also help you schedule and present training at regularly scheduled meetings.