Physical security is a priority for corporate IT executives and facility managers. To help organizations develop strategies to protect and secure assets, Heart Technologies, Inc. uses a broad range of technologies used to ensure corporate security and minimize risk.
Heart is committed to helping our clients address their strategic physical security requirements and related risk management challenges. Our engineers infuse the latest technology developments such as IP infrastructure, wireless, and power over Ethernet into solutions saving your organization time, increasing flexibility, and lowering the cost of the total solution.
How are businesses benefiting from the newest features of Access Control?
- Credential Based: Instead of physical keys, systems run off data which can be physically entered or provided via smart cards or biometric readers (fingerprint or ocular). Credential based systems are updated by an administrator, allowing for immediate changes, and can layer one upon the other to provide additional security levels within an organization.
- IP -- Lowering Total Cost of Ownership: The newest in technologies are digitally based, meaning no moving parts. These peripherals can operate for years without maintenance of any kind.
- Video/Audio Access Control Integration: These integrations confirm the identity of visitors and vendors via voice and/or image before granting access. Using crisp audio and clear, up-close video images, employees can see and hear who is requesting entry and unlock the door without getting up!
- Web access: Browser-managed user-interface requires no software or maintenance. This immediate plug and play system provides access from anywhere. Users adapt to its sophisticated features with minimal training. Since it is web based, your IT staff will experience no issues with installation and maintenance.
How are organizations securing their facilities?
- Burglar alarm protection: These control panels determine when and who to contact in any event within your facility. The control panel will notify a monitoring center via a digital communicator, cellular contact or radio. The monitoring center will notify authorities along with the business owner.
- Integration with Video: When a door contact is activated, a camera pans, tilts and zooms to capture the image and record the activity taking place. This integration documents the activity for review.
- Motion detection: These devices monitor and detect movement within an area, sending a signal to the control panel whenever it is activated. Sirens can also be utilized.
- Perimeter protection: Door contacts communicate when points of entry are breached. Window contacts and glass break sensors signals when damage occurs to panes.
IP Video Solutions
Why are so many businesses switching to IP?
- Choice: IP utilizes open architecture. This means more choices for cameras, encoders and other hardware.
- Cost savings: IP cameras run off of the already installed IP Data networks within an organization. This migration eliminates the need to run a coaxial cable throughout your infrastructure, saving you a ton in labor and materials.
- Flexibility: IP cameras can now be placed in close proximity to wherever your network reaches. If a wireless network is in place within the facility, there are wireless IP camera options. which can be included in the design.
- Remote viewing and control: Secure options exist which give permissioned users the ability to view and control PTZ IP cameras at any time via the internet.
- Video Management Software: IP cameras record to Network Video Recording, using video management software. This enables you to quickly find and review events within your recordings to capture and transfer to the proper authorities.
In addition to mainstream security applications, Heart's solution platforms can be found in a wide range of municipalities, federal and local government agencies, as well as enterprise, industrial and educational settings.